3 January 2011

After the Seance

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Fade to Black NY/Spanish Moss/Lovely Bohemia/Fashion Toast/SRC783/Alison Scarpulla/Everything Style

Call it the Pamela Love influence, or perhaps I've just watched The Craft too many times now, but I'm starting to get swayed (or more likely, bewitched)  by the folky, witchcrafty trend pioneered by US labels like Sisters of the Black Moon and Spanish Moss. The scrawny muse with long tangled hair, in a fringed dress with her fingers and wrists laden with macabre claws, crosses and turquoise stones and more often than not, wearing a pair of Jeffrey Campbell Litas, is all over fashion blogs and tumblr accounts in many different guises. In Spanish Moss American Gold's latest campaign, the blonde apparition (who we cannot turn from because of her enviable wardrobe), is faceless, and spookily child-like from behind... But I'd put a stake through her heart for that fringed kimono jacket. I portend a significant trend emerging; soon we'll be able to buy Tarot cards in Topshop.


2 comments:

the nyanzi report said...

Tarot Cards in Topshop...now that may sound far fetched, but hey, nowadays anything to make Mr. G more money goes...

blue jeans and gondolas said...

It never ceases to fascinate me how it can be that everyone suddenly falls in love with the same sensibility seemingly simultaneously. I'm no exception, as I just posted something vaguely similar, although your images are lovelier, and less pedestrian. And I laughed out loud about the tarot cards. When scavenging images for my own post I had to laugh at the number of Topshop results that came up.

Love the blog - and great Edinburgh pics, that's where I live and I don't particularly enjoy it so the photos cheered me up. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...