30 June 2011

PRETTY LITTLE THINGS

Photobucket
Alexander McQueen clutch bag - 21st birthday present from my Mum
Photobucket
Extremely extremely limited edition book - Grace Coddington's finest editorials for Vogue. Homemade elderflower champagne brewed for my 21st by a family friend.
Photobucket
One of my favourite Helmut Newton shoots (I first saw it blown up full size at a Newton retrospective in Berlin several years ago) features Grace herself 
Photobucket
Antique birdcage which has spent many years greedily taking up space in my small bedroom.
Photobucket
The complete book of Fortune, found in a basement bookshop in Edinburgh's Old Town. Turquoise pendant necklace was given to me by one of my greatest friends for my 21st birthday. It has a secret compartment for forbidden treasures.
Photobucket
Incense sticks, my Great-Grandfather Thomas Roy's satchel, and book Bazaar Style - perfect for justifying my chaotic interior styling.
Photobucket
A selection of books given to me for my birthday, including Vogue Style published in 1979, documenting British Vogue from 1910-1978. Silk kimono from Topshop (I know, right?)
Photobucket
Silver tea set found in a skip - three hours on the silver polish and these fellows came up smiling.


6 comments:

Nat said...

W0W! Amazing! coveting these objects!
XX Nat
blackandblond.tumblr.com

Gawgus things... said...

Love the bird cage and can't believe you found the tea set in the skip!!

The Girl Next Door said...

WOW! what amazing friends and family you have! thats quite the birthday! Hope you had a blast!
Ciao Bella.x

The Beautiful End said...

We are lusting over all of these photos.
So beautiful & interesting!

thebeautifulendvintage.blogspot.com

x

Andy said...

Great painting

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your collection of coffee table books is envy worthy. So jealous of the Grace Coddington book, a real jem.

xo
http://couturecultureblog.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...